2019 Summer Baseball Training Camp in Ankeny!
Improve your baseball skills with Mitch Wylie, Jeff Lanning, Tanner Buenting, Nick Belzer, and several current college players at the Summer Baseball Training Camp. The camp will be offered at the Prairie Ridge Sports Complex in Ankeny starting the week of June 3rd (in case of inclement weather camp will be held indoors at the Game Ready Training Center). Mitch and his staff have over a combined 30+ years of college and pro playing experience and 23 years of coaching experience. This gives the summer camp staff the ability to implement the proper training and coaching techniques that will help each individual be the best all-around player he can be. A staff member will be involved during every training camp station to ensure that the proper mechanics and techniques are being implemented. A game will be played at the end of each camp day to reinforce what the players learned that day.
Training Camp Will Cover These Basic Areas:
1) Important Warm Up and Cool Down Exercises
2) Throwing Program to help prevent injury from over throwing and under throwing
3) Grips 4 seam fastball, 2 seam fastball/sinker, change up. For the older players:
curveball, cut fastball, slider, and split finger fastball will be discussed.
4) Pitching Mechanics Learn how to pitch with powerful and consistent mechanics,
hold runners to help control the running game.
5) Catching Learn how to block and frame pitches, footwork drills for throwing to all
bases, and pop ups.
6) Hitting Learn drills and techniques for a quick compact powerful swing.
7) Field Position Develop proper footwork and glove position for all 9 positions
when fielding and catching a ball in the infield and outfield.
9) Base Running Learn proper base running techniques and how to read a pitcher
Weekly Schedule June 3rd – June 27th
(you may choose to attend 1 or 2 days a week)
7 & 8 yr olds (1st - 2nd grade 2018/19 school year)
Mondays: 9:00 - 10:30 June 3,10,17,24 and or
Wed: 9:00 - 10:30 June 5,12,19,26
9 - 12 yr olds (3rd - 6th grade 2018/19 school year)
Mon: 9:00 - 10:30 or 10:30 - 12:00 June 3,10,17,24
Tue: 9:00 - 10:30 or 10:30 – 12:00 June 4,11,18,25
Wed: 9:00 - 10:30 or 10:30 - 12:00 June 5,12,19,26
Thur: 9:00 - 10:30 or 10:30 – 12:00 June 6,13,20,27
13 - 15 yr olds (7th - 8th grade 2018/19 school year)
Tue: 11:45 - 1:15 June 4,11,18,25
Thur: 10:30 - 12:00 June 6,13,20,27
Cost: Option A..…1 day a week for 4 weeks.…….$100/player
Option B..… 2 days a week for 4 weeks........$180/player
or email: email@example.com